Oregon NASA Space Grant Consortium annually presents a Student Symposium, hosted on the Oregon State University campus in Corvallis, Oregon. The Student Symposium features a poster session and research presentations from OSGC funded interns, fellows, team projects, and research scholarship awardees. Proceedings from these events are published and available for download below.
Scroll down for 2015 Student Symposium schedule and details.
Recorded Video Sessions (2014)
Student Poster Presentations (2015)
Student Poster Presentations (2014)
2015 Oregon NASA Space Grant Student Symposium
Click here to view the 2015 Student Symposium Flyer with Presenter Guidelines
The Oregon NASA Space Grant Consortium presents the 2015 Student Symposium, Friday, November 13, 2015. The Symposium will be held from 9-6pm at the LaSells Stewart Center/OSU Conference Center, on the Oregon State University campus in Corvallis, Oregon. Oregon NASA Space Grant students who were awarded fellowships, internships, undergraduate research scholarships, and team research awards in 2015 will present their research projects and share their experiences at the OSGC Student Symposium. Oregon NASA Space Grant is committed to providing quality educational and research opportunities to students in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) disciplines including STEM education. You are invited to attend the 2015 Student Symposium to see firsthand the opportunities our students have experienced.
This is a great way for students who are interested in participating in a NASA student program to learn more about opportunities that are available for summer 2015. You can be the face of NASA in Oregon!
Friday, November 13, 2015
- 9-10 am - Poster Session, Meet and Greet
- 10-12:30pm - Presentations
- 12:30pm - Lunch/Networking/Posters
- 1:40-4:30pm - Presentations
- 4:30-6pm - Reception
FREE and OPEN TO ALL: Call 541-737-2414 for more information. Accommodations for disabilities may be made by calling 541-737-2414.
- Abstracts: A brief abstract of your work is due via email no later than Wednesday, October 28, 2015. Abstracts should be no longer than 250 words and should include your project purpose, methodology, results, and conclusions. Presenters should use these abstracts as guides when constructing their oral presentations. Please email your abstract as a Word document or rich text file to the following email address: email@example.com. Please contact the Space Grant staff with any questions at 541-737-2414.
- Posters: A poster representing the fundamentals of your research project is required. Posters will be displayed during the Symposium sessions and will be retained by the Oregon Space Grant for future display on the OSU campus and at future Space Grant functions. Posters should be printed at a maximum size of 48” x 36”. Posters need to be laminated; please do not mount posters on foam board. Poster set up is from 8-9am on the day of the Symposium. Please be there during that time to set up your poster, which will remain on display until the end of the event.
- Presentations: Oral presentations should elaborate upon your abstract. Each presenter will be allotted 20 minutes, which includes time for Q & A. Presentations running over the allotted time will be stopped by the moderators. PowerPoint presentations are suggested. A laptop and projection equipment will be available. Please bring your presentation on a USB drive.
- Attendance and Travel: All Oregon Space Grant funded students participating in NASA internships, research projects, and fellowships are required to present their work at the Student Symposium. If you are unable to attend, you must make alternative arrangements for presentations prior to the Symposium. Students from outside the Corvallis area may with to budget a small portion of their stipend for travel to the Symposium; no additional travel funds will be provided.
- Location: The Symposium will be hosted in the LaSells Stewart Center in the AG Science Room. LaSells Stewart Center is located on the southeast corner of SW 26th Street and SW Western Blvd. across from Reser Stadium on the OSU campus. There is student and visitor parking available at Reser Stadium.